Ссылка на Слушания: books.google .ru/books?id=p2M_EacvQ38C&redir_esc=y
1. предлагал устроить референдум о типе политического устройства Сербии после свержения Милошевича:
"One such referendum model might be charged with the task of allowing citizens the choice of voting for a republic or a constitutional monarchy. The latter maintains a distinct historical precedent in Serbia, which at the turn of the century, while fostering a strong liberal intellectual tradition, enjoyed having freely elected exiled King Peter I as its monarch. Today Spain stands to underscore the positive role of King Juan Carlos in rebuilding a prosperous nation from a dictatorship to a constitutional monarchy."
2. предлагал наделить СПЦ некими функциями для проведения референдума:
"Pragmatically, the church, especially in view of a weakened and fragmented opposition, can serve as a neutral and fair monitoring system, providing a sound and secure basis for a national referendum and registration of voters, while averting the dangers of a potential civil conflict. Given the international proportions of the Serbian Orthodox Church, this privilege could be either contained to those citizens residing within Serbia and Montenegro proper or duly extended to those living in the diaspora."
3. высказывался за создание "аполитичного" переходного правительства:
“The American governmental model is one that could be readily applied to Serbia and Montenegro, that is to say Yugoslavia. However, given its current political, economic, and ecological difficulties
in the aftermath of a decade of violence, Serbia and Montenegro is most likely in need of an apolitical transitional government."
4. предлагал наделить СПЦ то ли некими функциями временного правительства, то ли некими функциями для поддержки временного правительства после свержения Милошевича:
"It was not necessarily that I subscribed the church to play an interim governmental role, but to facilitate some sort of an interim governmental role, and therein lies the difference".
5. подчеркивал, что СПЦ имеет влияние на оппозицию и группы, предложившие создать правительство “национального спасения” после свержения Милошевича:
“A group of Serbian and Montenegrin economists known as Group 17 have come up with a plan, the Pact on Stability in Serbia. G17 made the call for a government of ‘‘national salvation…”.
"How this is taking place already can be seen in the fact that all of the opposition leaders are turning to the church in order to receive some sort of sanction for their work, for their attempts in revamping the government and the structure of the government in Yugoslavia. Not only is the opposition turning to the church, but it is the populace which turns to the church and even, as witnessed in my remarks, Group 17, which is a very prominent, an eminent group of economists from Serbia and from Montenegro. They are already turning to the church and they have initiated their reforms in response to the church.
6. указывал, что ключевая роль СПЦ в Сербии - "попытка установить демократию":
"So we see the key role that the church does play in Serbia is trying to usher in democracy".
7. предлагал оказать СПЦ "должную поддержку", чтобы СПЦ смогла, наконец, получить назад свою привилегию, в которой ей отказывали в течение 50 лет, - играть свою "законную роль" в обществе.
"Properly supported, the Serbian Orthodox Church could fully assume its rightful role in society, a privilege denied it for the past 50 years".